Homeowners, retailers, big-box stores, and educational and medical facilities are choosing polished concrete for their floor finish because of the competitive advantage polished flooring offers over other types of floor coverings. With proven scientific products and the best equipment in the industry, polished floors have become the logical choice because of the great value it delivers, and because they can compete aesthetically as well.
Residential Concrete Polishing:
- Cost savings: Traditional floor covering materials are not necessary when the slab on grade is used as the finished floor surface.
- Longer life-cycle savings: Polished floors are not as vulnerable to damage as other materials and do not need replacing.
- Easy to clean: Won't harbor dust, dirt, or allergens.
- Availability: Available in a wide variety of colors and designs.
Commercial and Retail Concrete Polishing:
- Cost savings: Using the slab on grade as the finished floor surface is more cost-effective, and maintenance costs are lower.
- More resistant to high foot traffic. A grocer in Ohio explains that he is able to maintain primarily just the traffic ways within his store, which saves time and money because he does not have to move large display cases to wax and strip the floor.
- Less maintenance and longer service life: Polished floors are easy to clean, requiring only occasional damp mopping. They also eliminate the need for messy waxes or coatings as well as the associated labor, time, and expense to apply them. The glossy surface of polished concrete resists the marks of forklift truck tires and stains from oil and chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture transmission issues: Polished concrete allows the floor to breathe and eliminates issues that arise with other flooring materials that seal off the concrete, such as tile, etc.
- High light reflectivity: Important for office building floors, hotels, restaurants, and other public facilities that want to project a bright, clean, professional image. Also saves energy by reducing artificial lighting requirements
- Is a sustainable flooring alternative: Polished concrete does not require hazardous coatings, cleaners or adhesives
The Versatility of Concrete Polishing Because polishing is a multi-step process, homeowners and business owners can choose the level of sheen from stain to high gloss that meets their maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This versatility makes polished concrete an ideal flooring material for a variety of applications.